Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Incredible Words!

I have come across 2 wonderful songs by Michael W Smith. I'm not sure who wrote the words (probably him) but I thought they were incredible and they are the cry of my heart.

Purified

Where the angels see,
You are praised as you should be.
But how can I express
My yearning for your holiness?
May it be that I will open up my heart,
Search me in the deepest part,
And I will stand in cleansing fire by you, purified.
By you I'm purified.

Savior of my soul,
To your strength I yield control.
Purge me from my stain,
Sin will loose it's mortal reign,
Make me free. And I will open up my heart,
Search me in the deepest part,
And I will stand in cleansing fire
By you purified. By you I'm purified.

You are Holy, You are Holy Lord.



Raging Sea

Sometimes the journey makes you weary,
Just like the long and winding road.
Sometimes this life can lose it's meaning,
But you might be surprised to find some hope.

Maybe you're wondering where love is,
You may feel it's far away from here.
Maybe you're wondering where I am,
You might be surprised to find I'm near.

And when your life is tossed and turning,
And you are on the raging sea.
I'll come and pull you from the water.
Then you will know that you are free.

So, if you're stumbling through the valley,
And if you're tempted to give up the fight.
Reach out your hand and I will lead you
I will be your strong arm in the night.

And when your life is tossed and turning,
And you are on the raging sea.
I'll come and pull you from the water.
And you will know that you are free.

2 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

Cherie, do you consider your husband to be a missionary since he works to spread Bible teaching here in the US and abroad?

Cherie said...

Huh! I have never even thought along those lines. I just talked to Rick and we decided that ALL the ones who are responsible for getting the WORD out...Jay, Rick, (too many to name) whether they're making CDs or tapes or WHATEVER, volunteers included would be considered as missionaries, wouldn't they? I just never considered myself as a missionary's wife, did you?

~Cherie