Thursday, May 8, 2008

Four days to go

Rick will be home in four days. It seems like he's been gone for months. Bootu and I have had lots of time to bond, but I know he misses his companion. Rick takes him for such nice long walks...mine are much shorter. I give him just a little more food hoping it will make up for the shorter walks. He will be almost as happy as I am when I pick Rick up at the airport.

I talked to "California" several times yesterday. Everyone seems to be doing ok. Things are pretty much status quo. It seems like Tracy is so caught up in all this that she's just clueless. How has this girl that I loved so much slipped so far away into her sin? I pray God will work on her heart. Sometimes I wonder...could I have done anything different...If I had been a better mother-in-law...If I had seen any warning signs...If we hadn't moved back to Ohio...the what ifs just go on forever, I suppose. But I have to keep reminding myself of the one lesson I'm learning through all of this."GOD IS SOVEREIGN"! Does that mean that God knows what the outcome of all this is going to be, but He isn't necessarily concerned about the day-to-day happenings that we're all going through. I know He loves us. I know He won't give us more than we can endure. (I can endure so much more than I ever thought I could, and I'm so tired.) Maybe if I wasn't getting stronger this would be over with sooner. I'm just so tired of being sad and I'm ever so tired of crying. I think when I'm done with this post, it is definitely time get my Bible out. The Psalmist and I have become very good friends over the last 6 months. I feel a little better just thinking about spending time in the Word.

I just looked at the title of this little blog "Rantings of a Forgiven One". I really HAVE been ranting and I truly AM a Forgiven One. Enough said...at least for today!

4 comments:

Domestically Inclined said...

Yes, We are in the hands of ALMIGHTY GOD!
So glad you enjoy "my" Stephen's Blog. He is a blessing to me, but then I am a bit biased being his Momma :)

{ D a n i } said...

If you stop by, please let me know by leaving a comment. I love hearing from visitors!
So, I'm here. xD
I'm not so good at English, but I'll try to read and comment your posts :)

Kisses; froma Argentina :)

The Resident Writer said...

Is Bootu an in-law??

Cherie said...

Yes, Bootu is an in-law that I take for very short walks compared to Rick's long walks. It's a little embarrasing to be seen with a companion who walks on all fours.