Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Eleven minus One =Ten











This was our first Christmas without the 11th family member present. It's hard for me to even mention the name. I still have such bitter feelings, although I don't think of this person as much as I once did. We drove to California (in record time, I might add) anxious to spend the holidays with our dear family. We spent more than 2 wonderful weeks together, just spending time together and loving each other. I am so grateful to God for the family He has blessed us with. We have 2 wonderful sons, a daughter-in-law who we adore, and 5 of the dearest grandchildren on this Earth. I thank God every day for them. And we thank God for His protecting hand on the ones who are in need of it at this time. I can hardly believe it's been a year now since our lives were changed. Here are a few pictures of our trip.

4 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

I'm glad you had a good trip, and a small dose of nice CA weather.

Missy said...

Yes, you are right, they are beautiful. Can you point out who belongs to who?

Cherie said...

Missy,

In top picture (with the T-shirts), are Elizabeth and Jacob, Steve's kids. The next photo is all the kids...Elizabeth & Jacob, then Catherine, Connor and Cody who are Todd and Julie's kids. Todd is standing there and Steve is in the back ground.

Missy said...

Connor or Cody, at the head of the table, looks a lot like Julie?