Monday, September 8, 2008

Not such a good day

This is a really hard day for me. There's nothing I can really put my finger on...just a bad day. I've tried to keep myself busy while hubby is working. I've vacuumed, scrubbed, polished moved furniture to vacuum under even scrubbed the kitchen floor with Murphy's wood soap. Why...? I'm not sure. Something I think is fairly minor...which I won't go into...happened yesterday and it ended up ok, but now it's just like waiting for the other shoe to drop. I have to remind myself that I must be "on guard" at all times. Just when I start to think better of a person, I'm reminded over and over again that there is a horrible sin involved here. I must continue to pray for EVERYONE who is affected by it.

There are some other things I should be doing. I should be going through photos that need to be sorted and organized. I just can't bring myself to do that. It's still too hurtful. Our entire family made 2 wonderful trips to Canada right around this time. We have wonderful photos of the trips. I used to love looking at the albums I made of those trips. I spent many hours putting them together and now I can't even open them.

My heart is heavy and I have a lump in my throat that doesn't seem to want to go away. I want to smile and be happy, but I can't let my guard down. I know this makes no sense, but it makes ME feel better just writing it.

For now I lean on Psalm 9:9-10

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, Lord have never forsaken those
who seek You.

7 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

I hope the lump in your throat goes away . . . or maybe the only way to make it go away is to give yourself a big cry . . . or maybe you can vacuum it away. Whatever you do, I hope you feel better!

Cherie Baker Vann said...

cherie, this is going to sound so horrible, but I'm so thankful that you, this wiser, older, godly woman also has days like this!! It honestly made me feel better, so thanks for writing about it! Helps me to remember to dwell on what's true and real, and not what I feel right now!! :)

The Resident Writer said...

I think I may know the reason for your bad day-it was because you polished and scrubbed and shined. May you have a filthy house, a sign of very few bad days.

Ebeth said...

Sometimes I have those not so good days too, and rejoice that life won't eternally consist of them.
God is good, but you know that. Romans 8:28-29, and beyond.

Domestically Inclined said...

Yup, this too shall pass I tell myself. So did you ever go through the pictures of your trip?

Cherie said...

Thanks for checking in Monika. No, I haven't gone through the pictures...but I know where they are stored. Some day I'll feel like going through and sorting, just not yet. I'm really doing much better. We are leaving for Califonrnia on Dec 11, so we're very excited!

4HMom said...

I hope you feel better very soon. But if you don't, will you come clean MY house? (JK)

The photos of Steve and the kids on your last post are really nice. I can't believe the toddler I met being held in Steve's arms is SOOOOo grown up.